Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hello from the UK!

Well, I made it! I'm here at Jody's house and loving my holiday! Despite jet lag, sunstroke, and a horrible ear infection, I'm doing alright!

I've managed to eat my beloved Gregg's, go to the Harvest Moon, spend hours sunning myself on the hammock, go to the beach twice, see Beryl, Wendy, and Linda, buy 3 pairs of shoes, a bathing suit, a dress, and two pairs of shorts, have a picnic with Jod's lovely friends from work and their great kids, and book an appointment for my tattoo!

Yesterday we walked into Skin Fantasy, the place where I am getting my tattoo! We walked in and said we'd like to make an appointment. The guy regrettably told us that the earliest he had was 5 WEEKS!! Jody was surprised and mentioned that she only had to book 2 weeks in advance. I told Jody that I wouldn't be here in 5 weeks and the guy pulled out his appointment book to see if he could fit me in. He offered that night, but we told him as we were leaving for Greece on Tuesday, that wouldn't do. Jody said anything after the 12th would be fine, so he managed to squeeze me in for the 13th at 6pm! Considering that they close at 5 on Wednesday's, it goes to show what a great place it is (that and the fact that they have a 5 week long waiting list!).

The funniest part was when he asked me what I wanted.

"A shark." I said.

His response?

"A shaaawk? I'd have thought flowers or something girly!" he exclaimed as he looked me over, standing there in my Dancing Queen Mamma Mia movie shirt, my bright green shorts and flip flops.

Jody and I laughed. Turns out they don't have any sharks there, as not many people want one. So I have to bring in a photo which I planned on doing anyways. It's very exciting.

I believe that's it for now. Look forward to more posting, especially as our trip to Greece is coming closer and closer, and even more near is Brian's arrival!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Jody said…

    Yeah, and I let you down today by not taking you to Gregg's because I was up close and personal with the toilet all day... tomorrow hopefully :)

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Valentina said…

    Glad to hear you made it to the UK no problem and that you are getting your tattoo!!! YEAH! You'll have to post tons of pics!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home