Thursday, June 09, 2005

A Little 50, A Little Peas.

...I'll take you to the candy shop...
When I flew over to England, my most unfavorite (is that even a word? unfavorite? hrmm) song was 50 Cent's Candy Shop. I went over and it seemed to be on the radio quite a bit. Unfortunately for me, I had to deal with hearing it. And, much to my dismay, the more I heard it, the more I liked it. Now, believe it or not, I'm rather ashamed to say that it is one of my favorite songs. After downloading another song by him, I've found I enjoy that one too. I can't help but wonder what has happened to me.
Don't Monkey Around
Yesterday I purchased the new Black Eyed Peas CD Monkey Business and I have to say, I absolutely love it. It's not like their old stuff, it's fresh and delightful. A good CD for the summer months :) Would I recommend it? Yes, but if you don't like it, don't shoot the messenger!
Work, it's crazy!
I don't know when I'll find the time to breathe! I've been averaging 5 days a week at the theatre, plus this week I took on two extra shifts for school rentals in the morning, and Saturday there is an 8 am staff meeting! Plus I work my three mornings a week at the gym, and I've been babysitting so much! It's absolutely nuts! But the money that will come in will be handy, and hopefully in the near future, I'll be able to use it to somehow drive a very nice car ;). Tomorrow and Saturday are suppose to be my days off, but I have the rental from 845am-11am and then on Saturday, as I said, I have a staff meeting from 8-11ish. So I don't really have two days off, and then I work the rest of the week! I'll manage though. Because really, what would I do between those hours anyways? Sleep? Yes. So it's better to be making money.
To decorate, or not to decorate
As I patiently await words on a specific car, I sit debating redecorating my room. It's been the same way since about grade 8, meaning about 6 years. I think it's time for an update, but I'm stumped as to what. Durning my first night in London, we stayed in a Premier Travel Inn where the bedspread was entirely white-white sheets, white comforter, white pillows. So I know more or less that that is what I want. But what do I want to accent it is the question. Tawny and I talked once of a turquoise, and the more I think of it, the more I like it. That way it would also match my dolphin shrine I have going on. But at the same time, I have developed a liking of the color pink, but I wouldn't have anything flashy, just a nice pale or pastel pink, maybe accented in a light green. Or I could have a nice green and cream. Who knows? There is talk of putting lamanent flooring, so we'll have to see what that looks like if it happens. I've requested that should this happen we get a lighter wood, as I'm not fussy for the darker stuff. But at the same time, I'm holding back because part of me still hopes for the day that I can move into the basement. It's something that I really want, and feel I deserve, being 20 and all. But we'll have to see. It's just unfair that I should have to be in here, when there is a much bigger room downstairs (and I have so much stuff).

And with this, I bid thee goodnight.
*whew*

1 Comments:

  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Tawny said…

    Crazyfistshaker - Love it. When I first saw your email, I thought it said CrazyFishShaker. I was like, what a weird cat she is, but ok :).

    You can do your room mostly white but accent it with both turquoise and pink. Maybe even throw in some purples or yellow for good measure. Think all white, with bold spashes of color where you least expect it.

    And I think the word(s) you were thinking of is 'least favorite' :).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home