Thursday, June 16, 2005

Back to the Books

Yesterday I went into school with Krystyna to pay my $100 tuition deposit that I needed to make before I could register, and indeed register. When we arrived we went into a student resource room and figured out what courses I wanted/needed and when they were available for me to take. After we got all that sorted out we went to see the chair of the Chemistry Department--who was also my teacher in my first year of uni--to inquire about whether I would have to take the General Chemistry Lab as I am repeating the course (yes, I thought I was done with retaking courses, but I just have to get this one out of the way and then I'm okay!). She recognized me as soon as I went in, and that, is why I go to MSVU. Anyways, back on track. She said I didn't have to and I chatted with her a little bit more, and headed upstairs to the registration counter. I was able to get all of my courses but one, and I'm waitlisted for it, and my lab. The courses I am taking are Math: Intro to Probability and Statistics I&II (plus a 1 hr, 15 min/wk required lab), General Chemistry I&II, Biology: Diversity of Animals (plus a 3 hr/wk required lab), Biology: Basic Neuroscience, English: Writing and Theory Practice. And then I am waitlisted for Biology: Physiology of Animals (plus a 3hr/wk required lab). I'm going to be busy busy next year, and where I am scared to death of messing up, I know that I am ready for this, I know that I want to do this, and most of all, I know that I can do this. And even though I am scared, I have to say, I cannot wait until September. I am very excited to be taking some of those course, to be a full time student again, and to not be the dumb one anymore (plus apparently the devil isn't returning, yay!). But don't get me wrong, I am in no way wishing away my summer.

Work has been off the wall. I've barely had time to breathe, like I said last post. And I keep thinking, just make it to Saturday and I'll be okay, but no, I start the daycare this Saturday morning, and then I babysit that night. Sometimes I think I really must be crazy, to be working so much and then try to have a social life as well. For example, today I worked morning and evening, so afternoon I went shopping with Krystyna.

But now, I am exhausted and freezing, so I'm going to go to bed, something that unlike my sister, I have no problem doing, I just don't get enough of it!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Tawny said…

    I like the header,it's groovy :).

    I took the probability and stats course as part of my math minor and I absolutely loved it - I was convinced I wanted to be a statistician after taking that course but my prof convinced me otherwise :). A lot of people that took it when I did struggled with it, but I am sure you will be fine.

    It's a big course load (lots of animal based classes, have you decided to go to vet school?) but you're right, you're ready for this and you CAN do this. Just stay organized and when you need help, ASK FOR IT :).

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Fern Wimpley said…

    Thanks! My friend did it for me!

    A lot of people I've talked to hated prob and stats. But then again, a lot of people I know hate math/have a hard time with it, whereas I don't. I hope I enjoy it as much as you did!

    No, I'm not going to vet school, there are just courses that I need to take and the choices are plants or animals, so I've decided to go with animals.

    :)

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Tawny said…

    Ya, animals are much more interesting than plants! :).

    I wonder if I could go back to school and study poker and wine..You think? ;)

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Fern Wimpley said…

    hrmmm, probably not, but that would be cool eh?

    Just go to a wine making country and live on a vinyard for awhile. That might help you learn loads!

    :)

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Jody said…

    Well I know Stacy doesn't like wine, but Tawny - the wine in Greece was EXCELLENT! I came home with a bottle of white and Red!

    Glad to hear your going full force next year sweetie! Of course you can do it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home