Friday, May 05, 2006

Is this a post in England?

I'm sitting here at Jody's computer while the boys lay on the fouton, awaiting sleep. I'm a wee bit buzzed after 2.5 coolers, and they've all gone to bed and left me. Tomorrow I believe we're going to Robin Hood's Bay (weather permitting) which I can say is probably one of my most favorite places on earth. I'll briefly recap what's been done so far.

Saturday
Arrived in London, went to the hotel, freshened up, and set off to meet T&T outside Big Ben. We ate at a little greek cafe, took in some sites (Buckingham palace, Trafalgar Square, London Eye, Westminister Abbey, St. James Park, Picadilly Circus, etc.) Then we had supper at a pub and some drinks, then moved on for some more sightseeing, and pictures. Then to another pub for drinks. In the Underground, we had to get off our train due to a security warning which we believed was a bomb threat. Our driver advised us to "If you can find an alternative way to get to your destination, I strongly suggest you do so." So off we went, into a taxi which was most exciting as I'd never been in one of those London type taxis and have always wanted to do so.

Sunday
Um, we got up and took the train to Paris. Found our hotel, checked in, and then took the Metro to the Louvre. Saw the Mona Lisa and the Venus D'Milo. Back to the hotel, freshened up, and found a place to eat. Then back to the hotel. T&T and J&A and I went to the Exotic Museum. Which is exactly how it sounds. Jody beat up a dude in the red light part of Paris (not really, but I'm sure she would have), then we missed our train and walked back most of the way. Tawny and I constantly exclaiming, "S'vous plait! Arret le voiture! Il y a une castor sur la rue!" And dying laughing. Tawny running to catch the bus to what is now the Paris theme song. Then we took pictures of a Merry-Go-Round, Jody caught her camera most wickedly, and I danced on the edge of a fountain. I swear, I could be France's Next Top Model. Then bed.

Monday
Found us at breakfast. I had nutella and banana crepes. YUM. Then we went to Notre Dame, and then the Eiffle. All the way to the top for T&T and J and me. Elevator was scary. I sent Hayden a text message. It was fun. But cold. Jody's socks were halarious. After that we separated, T&T and me to Sacre Coeur (where I got called a sexy lady), J&A and D somewhere else. We stopped at McDonald's where I ordered a Royal with Cheese (a la Pulp Fiction). It was my first quarter pounder and I never intend on eating another one because it was special for me because I loved that movie so much, especially that part. From SC we went back to the hotel to again, freshen up and then off to dinner we went. It was good. Then J,A,&D went back to crash at the hotel where T&T and me went to see the Eiffle at night. There I was told by another french man that I was beautiful. French men love me. Thus, I love Paris. We took pics, ran to get a train we thought we missed (my flip flops sounding like gunfire through the tunnels), and stopped at an internet place for T&T to book Amsterdam stuff. Then a lazy walk along the Sienne and past Notre Dame got us home around 3.

Tuesday
Up early so T&T and D& me could go to the Museum d'Orsay. A long line up. T&T had to leave to get earlier tickets to Amsterdam, and after over an hour of waiting, D and me gave up too. We walked back to the hotel to meet J&A, then from there we did the Arc d'Triomphe, Sephora (where I spend about 20 Euros) and then back to the hotel to grab our bags and head to Sacre Coeur. Then to the train and home. I had wine on the train, it was nice. Home to sleep, I love New Waltham.

Wednesday
Dawn and I were here while J&A went to work. Went out for lunch, I fell on the sidewalk and scrapped my knees. But don't worry, my ego bruised more than my body did. Then down St. Peter's Ave for some window shopping. Off to pick up the boys. Then home and a walk to Wheelsby Woods. Great weather. Molly is cute. Then stopped at Tesco where I loved the clothes and did a dancy jig in the middle of the store that Dawn video taped and it's halarious. Home for supper, then just hanging out.

Thursday
Got up, got ready. J&D and me took Molly to Hubbards Hills. Had Gregg's and Wine. I fell again when hitting Molly's ball with the tennis racket so hard I knocked myself over. They laughed, naturally. Walked though the park, it was wonderful. Home and relaxed. Then went to pub night with Wendy and Linda. We got like 4th place and won chocolate bars. Yay Les Castors!

Friday
Got up, got ready. Lunch at the Pear Tree with Wendy and Beryl. Good food, good desert, good company. Came home and relaxed in the sun. Took Molly for a walk. Relaxed again. Boys came over. Had dinner, took Molly out again, and then just hung out drinking coolers.

Having much fun, missed lots of stuff but tired now. This should contain you all even though most who read this are here with me!
Don't miss anyone!
Cheers!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Thegirl said…

    Les Castors!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Jody said…

    Yeah, Les Castors are going to kick ass at the next Quiz Night... now lets get our buts over to the Harvest Moon for some proper drinks!
    xoxoxoxoxo

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm not with you :( lol...
    <3

     

Post a Comment

<< Home