Friday, March 31, 2006

I'm still alive, no worries.

I haven't updated in nearly three weeks so I decided to take this extra 10 minutes before I leave for school to let you all into the little world of me.

I've been working like a madwoman lately, between school and work. I wanted to pick up some extra shifts to fund my trip at the end of April and we're currently being audited so we need the theatre to look extra nice. My consistent shift taking would worry me if it wasn't the end of the semester. But then again, why shouldn't I go to work? Lately its the only place I feel I excel at, and even that will change shortly (long story, and something I probably shouldn't blog about, but feel free to ask).

I haven't been knitting. I did while I was house sitting, but when I added a new color the stitches went all weird. I think I'll take it on the bus today and try to sort it out. I'm intimidating, I can give off the "don't even think about sitting with me vibe" so I have more space for my knitting. That's right, I can knit AND be intimidating. The bus won't be busy this morning anyways.

I've been dressing summer-ery lately as spring has definitely been welcomed by NS. The past week has been sunny and low teens. I'm loving it. Yesterday when trying to decide between my jean capris or my orange capris, I found that both were loose on me. Considering the orange ones JUST fit me when I conned them off Tawny last semester, that pleases me. And my jean capris could have been a bigger size when I bought them, and now I have oodles of room in them and they bunch at my hips and the tops of my thighs. So at least that's a good sign.
I'm in need of three references. I don't know if they have to be character references or academic references because if they're the latter, I'm screwed. I want to be a Stats Lab Teacher Assistant/Marker next year (because I'm kicking Stats's butt). It's a paid position and the experience will look good for when (if) I apply to the BEd program.

*Side note: Congrats to Krystyna for getting into the Mount Education program (although I knew she would!).

And this brings an end to my post, time to go to Chemistry. Cheers!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Tawny said…

    You wielding knitting needles? Yeah, that could be slightly intimidating to the average transit user :).

    How much longer till school finishes? When's your last exam?

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Fern Wimpley said…

    Classes are done April 6th, my last exam is April 19th.

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Jody said…

    Not much longer now sweetie!

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Rob, Tina and the boys said…

    My sister in law was a stats/lab/marker thingie when she went to the Mount and loved it. Here's hoping you get it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home