Saturday, May 02, 2009

Lovely perch, lovely problem, lovely solution?

It's been brought to my attention that it's time to blog. Well here's a quick one.
Spring has sprung in Nova Scotia, and with spring comes more hours of sunlight, and warm temperatures. I love having my windows open in the spring and all through the summer. The warmer seasons take a toll on my curtains. The first reason being the open windows. What does that have to do with anything? Well an open window equals a lovely perch for my lovely little kitty. What's not lovely is the white hair that becomes matted on my brown curtains. And secondly, the prolonged sunlight fades the side of the curtains facing the outdoors.As a quick, cheap solution, I picked up some white curtains. Mom enjoys them, thinks they brighten my room, I definitely like the breezy vibe they add, and John? He prefers the brown ones but he does like the white ones. So now I'm opening it up to you guys. What do you think of the transition? Yay or nay? Should I keep them or go back to brown?
Please note I'm in the process of cleaning my room so it's a little messy.






4 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Jody said…

    I love them... but your brown ones were great too. So how about - the pretty white breezy ones for spring/summer and the brown ones for autumn winter?

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Fern Wimpley said…

    Yes, I forgot to mention that the brown ones will go back up around October.

     
  • At 3:42 AM, Blogger Valentina said…

    Definitely a "Yay!" Lovely

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Thegirl said…

    I like the seasonal curtain plan!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home