Tuesday, June 21, 2005

So.
My computer is messed up. This is the fourth time I've tried to post.
I am so incredibly mad. I mean, forget the fact that I shell out over a $1,000 on this stupid computer, is it too much to ask that it actually works? This is the second time since April that it's done this to me (and it's the exact same thing btw). What started it was my msn had an update that I ignored. So then it was signing me on and off like every 30 seconds. Annoying what? I tried uninstalling/reinstalling it, and to my dismay, nothing. So then I figured, well I can accept this windows update that has been badgering me for the past month and a half. So I did that. And it updated me to Windows XP Service Pack 2 (exactly what I did NOT want it to do, for numerous reasons, the main being that this seemed to be my problem last time). So now when I turn on my computer, it takes forever, and then the internet will only work for like, 30 seconds. And it's so terribly annoying. But, I went to my guest account and logged on and things seem to be working fine.
I have a couple options. I can send this stupid thing off to Meghan and see if she can fix it (even though she thinks it's a software problem).
I can take it to PC Medic where, I will get charged a whole bunch of money to fix it, and the longer they have it, the more it will cost), but I get the satisfation of having trained professionals working on it (not that you don't know what you're doing Megs, it's just an ease on my mind).
Or, I can say screw it all and buy a new computer because this one obviously sucks (I need a new monitor anyways, because the screen is all shaky on this, it's apparently going to die soon).
Either way I'm receiving a lot of stress by this situation and I'm so frustrated because I'd like to think I didn't waste my money, but it's vastly becoming apparent that I did.

If anyone has any ideas on what I should do to fix this problem, or what you think the problem might be, please let me know, thanks!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    1. IF you take it to PC Medic, you either a) end up spending just as much as if not more than you would if you purchased a new computer or b) end up having them fix it and have it work fine for them but as soon as you turn it on it pretty much eats itself once again (don't ask me how that happens, but my friend had the same issues with her laptop when she took it there)

    2. THIS is why you don't purchase a computer system from Dell. Dell's are icky..even a personally built Celeron is better than a Dell.. Not to mention a lot cheaper than $1000+.

    3. Let me take another look at it. It can't hurt. Next time my sister is home here with Dan, bring it up and the three of us will take a look. Dan's been fixing computer problems since he was little..he knows what he's doing.

    Anyways the choice is yours I just don't want to see you shelling out loads of cash on something that can be fixed easily. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home