Friday, January 20, 2006

Fancy a Rant? I sure do!

I love how people (mostly men) claim that women are such horrible drivers. When on more than one occassion I've witnessed AWFUL driving, by whom? Men.
Take this afternoon for instance. I just got home from school, and the drive from the bus stop in Sackville took me considerably longer than usual. But first, on Sackville Drive this car appeared out of no where, cutting the bus off; it looked as though the car was coming down our side of the street before pulling into an entrance of some store. The bus driver had to slam on the brakes. The driver of the car, was a male.
And then, once I was in the car on my way home, I was waiting at the intersection to turn right onto Beaver Bank Road. The oncoming traffic were sitting at a red with an advanced green, there was no traffic coming from that direction, so CLEARLY the car in front of me was able to make a right on red. But he just SAT there waiting. Then we're driving and I'm following, but not too closely because he keeps putting on his breaks for some reason unknown to me. And he keeps looking at the guy beside him, and out his window, talking with his hands. I swear, I don't when he had time to look at the road. Then the light by May Garden/Petro Can was green, but what does he do? Let a HUGE Coke Truck out. Whatever right, I can deal with this. We pass the Millwood intersection, where the speed limit goes to 70. One would think he'd speed up. But nope, he's still yakking away and flailing his arms all while driving a CONSTANT 50!! FIFTY! And he did that the entire way! And! He maintained his speed going down the big hill! He kept his breaks on the entire way down!! I was super annoyed and I'm betting so was the lineup of cars behind me. Ah! It was so annoying.

Anyways, that's my rant.

Shopping, Movies...Could anything be better?
Last night I went out with Krystyna. We went to get her something to eat after her seminar class and then headed to Jacob. I knew it would be bad for me to go in there as I have two trips I need to save lots of money for so I vowed not to buy anything (even after seeing the huge sign in the window saying "We pay the tax"!!). However, I tried stuff on for fun, a pair of nice black casual pants, a pink v-neck t-shirt, and a v-neck knitted sweater. I passed on the sweater as it was $19.99. My total for the pants and the shirt?? $8.31. Less than ten bucks! I was satisfied. Krystyna ended up spending about $50, but she got like a sweater, pants, and two tops. We sure do love Jacob Connexion.
Then we headed over to Bayers Lake where I played two rounds of DDR and then we went to see Tristan & Isolde, which was incredible. I cannot wait to buy it. I was 100% satisfied with it. And who knew James Franco was so hot? I always knew he was cute, but wow!

The Upcoming Weekend
It's going to be a busy one! I'm working tonight, daycare and schoolwork tomorrow, and then working Sunday night. Maybe I'll get to go see Match Point sometime because it opens tonight and I'm very eager to see it (it was suppose to come out Christmas Day!). It was surpisingly nominated for quite a few Golden Globes. Should be interesting.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    heh. Beaver Bank. heh.

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Jody said…

    Yeah, I'd been really hoping to see Match Point with you over the holidays. Glad T&I was great, I can't wait to see it! Get saving girl!!! Your coming back to England!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home