Thursday, August 17, 2006

Never has silence been so quiet, emptiness so lonely.


Jods, Andy, Alex, and Connor are currently on a plane home. The house is calm, the cat is out of hiding, and their scents still linger in the air. It will take a while to get back to normal; for the basement to no longer smell lived in. Three weeks was not nearly enough, but I know I'll see them again soon and it can't come fast enough.
I'll miss the boys pestering me and getting a rise out of me because it's "dead easy", the giggles, the tickles, the cuddles and the hugs.
Heck, I'll even miss the bickering.
The laughter, the tears.
The walks to the lake, the lazy days on the beach.
The comfort of knowing my sister is just downstairs, instead of an ocean away.
(not to forget her suitcase!)
Come on Spring!
*all my pictures can be found at http://www.x-staceface-x.piczo.com

3 Comments:

  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Thegirl said…

    beautifully written, fern!

     
  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger Tawny said…

    I can imagine how the house must sound. Even when you were scolding the boys it was so clear how much you were loving having them near.

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Jody said…

    Words cannot express how lost I feel to be away from you all. Thanks for helping to make our trip so fantastic! We'd better be seeing you in the spring :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home