Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Only One Who Hasn't Blogged

I'm not sure if it's a lack of effort, interest or time, but I haven't been blogging lately. We've been doing lots, and I think I started to blog about Mersey River and Crystal Crescent but I haven't gotten around to finishing it. It's been great having Jody, Andy, Alex, and Connor home. Unfortunately they leave on Thursday, but we're not talking about that.
We've done so many things, it's hard to keep track of them--Mersey River, Beaches, Downtown, Movies; it's all been a lot of fun. Tomorrow night I believe the plan is to head into the Buskers so we can get Henna Tattoos, and maybe catch some acts. I'll find out when the Breakdancers perform as I think the boys would really like that.

Admist all the excitement I've been going into the school for meetings with people to discuss my options. It's pretty clear that I won't be doing a Bio/Math major/minor because I'm struggling with the required courses for Biology. It was suggested that I drop to a General Studies BSc but my only worry with that is that there really isn't an end result except a degree. I think what I need to motivate myself is knowing that there is going to be a job at the end for me. Other options we talked about are Psych (but I'm worried about the length of the program, and the research thesis you have to do in your last year), Business (but I'd want to know what kind of job I could get), Travel and Tourism, or History (but with this option I'd have to still consider teaching). As of right now, however, I have no way to pay for school. In order to apply for a student loan you must be registered in your courses. Because I'm unsure of what I'm doing, I haven't registered yet and therefore haven't applied yet. Tuition is due the end of September, but if you're awaiting a student loan you can have until the end of October. After that you must make an appointment with a Financial Services person and discuss alternate payment, be it cash or credit. You need to pay 60%. Either way, I won't have the money so it basically comes down to me not going to school in September. I might be able to go in January, but that all depends on if I figure out what to do because I've decided I can't keep going without a goal in mind. It's all very discouraging and I'm kicking myself for making such a mess. But, I made my bed.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Thegirl said…

    **BIG HUG**

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger Valentina said…

    Choosing the right course and school is very hard. Don't get discouraged, though, Stacey! Just think of 10 years from now, what do you see yourself doing? What kind of job? What are you good at? Write all your ideas down, do some brainstorming and you'll find the answer!A big hug from Italy, too! :)

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    congrats on making your bed! =P <3<3<3

     

Post a Comment

<< Home