Sunday, June 26, 2005

Can someone get me some water?

I sit here typing this, it's past midnight and I'm so warm it's crazy (much like myself, however, I need not add that I'm sure). It's a sweltering 25 degrees out, and although they say it feels like 31, I'd believe them if they were saying 41. I've had a great afternoon - spent it at Queensland with Kat, the water was so freezing but a nice refresher after the scorcher of a day we had. As I sit here, uncomfortable with the heat, I'm exhausted and yet dread the idea of having to crawl into my bed and suffer what can only be a rather restless sleep. However, I am strongly fighting the urge to slink away into the coolness of the basement, and for a couple reasons. The first being what is down there. What exactly is, I'm not sure and I'm certainly not anxious to find out. I don't know when was the last time someone slept down there and god only knows what creature (big or small) has made it's nest in the dark moist corners that at the moment resembles a tiny piece of heaven. Curious to know what may be lurking? Recently it's been salamanders, june bugs (dead but ever so disgusting), and spiders (of all disturbing sizes). In the past? Earwigs, more spiders, baby spiders, spider eggs, and a shrew. Yes, a shrew. And besides all these little critters, who knows the amount of dust that's been collecting...If only I were able to move permanently down there, and was responsible for dusting it, and keeping it clean, only then could I have a peaceful sleep down there. So where I will probably suffer a sleepless night in the heat up here, it would be just as terrible down there, not knowing what is lying in wait to scar me for life. Also, my bed up here is much much much more comfortable (why else do you think I traded in mine for jods?).

By the way, my computer is fixed. I had a guy I know who goes to Dal come out, and he made it wonderful for me. And put on everything that I needed, so now if something goes wrong, I'm out of options, because he told me that everything that was put on there was a-okay. It's running beautifully now, and for this I am terribly relieved.

Looks like this cat won't be taking her much anticipated summer course, as I have to pay for it as soon as I register and where I could probably afford it with the coming weeks pay cheque's, I'd be left completely broke for the following two weeks, something I am just not cut out to do. Oh well, Writing and Theory...until January, you're on your own.

And with this, I bid thee good night...or as we have here, hot night.
Thanks for tuning in, I know you love it :)

3 Comments:

  • At 1:19 AM, Blogger Tawny said…

    I was going to say join the club - we're experiencing our second heat wave of the year - but then I remembered that you guys DON'T HAVE AIR CONDITIONING and so you are worse off then us.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Jody said…

    We are actually experiencing a heat wave here as well, only it broke yesterday thankfully - unlike yourself, we have not beautiful freshing lake, or freezing refreshing ocean to jump in - just the humber river and excuse me if I pass on that!

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Fern Wimpley said…

    Air conditioning is something I do currently wish we had.

    And Jods, I cannot blame you for passing on the Humber River!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home