Thursday, July 28, 2005

Reason 759 why I need to live in the basement...

I'm tired. It's been a slow night with absolutely nothing to do. I'm tired after working at 9 am this morning. So what did I do? I took a nice relaxing bubble bath and read my book. Then I came in here for a bit, discovered I had a headache after sitting in front of this all night (due to lack of anything else to entertain me), so decided, it's 10:30, late enough for bed. I crawled into bed and was just falling asleep (while listening to my new James Blunt CD, thanks Jods! I love it!) when Mom opens my door. Then her and Dad get talking and it sounds as if they are STANDING RIGHT BESIDE ME.

I'm wondering when they'll let me grow up and move downstairs. I'm getting quite fed up and a conversation I had with Tawny awhile ago replays in my head...
"...if I'm not in the basement by the time I'm 22, then I'm moving out. That gives them two years."

4 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Jody said…

    when did you get my package????

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Fern Wimpley said…

    Yesterday!! I sent you a message to let you know but you were busy!

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Tawny said…

    Stacy - I think if you went to them and said that you were going to be moving out unless you could move into the basement, they would probably tell you to take the basement.

    Is Jody's bed still down there? Why don't you just start sleeping down there??

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, Stace. That sucks. I would kick the ass of anyone who opened my door, but I have a different perspective, having moved out when I was 18. You deserve your privacy at the very least! Good luck with that battle, it ain't easy, but it's worth it.

    (See: wedding shower I was at last weekend where the mother was ordering the 30 year old bride and maid of honour around like they were still 12. Yikes! Rebel now!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home