Sunday, August 28, 2005

Summer is ending, it's bittersweet.

While I'm looking forward to some of my classes (Animal Diversity and Basic Neuroscience), I'm not looking forward to the early mornings, the long bus rides, and the labs. I'm also looking forward to the days off work. I've had a good summer, outside of the province. Work made it difficult to really do anything, so I wasn't able to really go away with my friends (ie camping), like I would have wished. And I would have liked to save up some money, but that's life.

Our car didn't pass safety. And really, I'm not surprised. Mom and Dad are currently looking at two cars, a '92 Dynasty and a '95 Geo Metro, 199/152 clicks respectively. 2 grand each. From what I hear (because I have no clue what either look like), the Geo is the way to go. Who knows? Either way, I think if we get a somewhat decent car, I'll buy a CD player for it, because I'm really sick of just having the radio.

With that, I'm going to bed, to prepare myself for another 11 hour day.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:32 AM, Blogger Tawny said…

    Stacy... I spoke with Mom tonight about both cars and tried to talk her out of both - I just don't think they're going to be all that reliable.

    Try and talk her into a Honda - she can get a used automatic Honda for just a little bit more that's going to give her less of a headache.

    Elisa is selling her 95 Civic - you and Mom should so consider going splits on it!

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Fern Wimpley said…

    I already told her--There is a used Civic up the street for $4000. Word is that he's apparently willing to take 3. I guess it's a fairly young guy who was into cars, and he's put a lot of work into it. I think it's an automatic. It has a fancy skirt kit and everything. And I think it's a '95. Try to talk her into that one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home