Thursday, August 18, 2005

Running, Money and Books (or, running out of money, due to buying books. ha, clever or what).

It's been awhile since I posted last (a week today, actually), and I've decided to grace you with a post. My eyes are still irritating me, after a week of using my eyedrops, they ran out. We got myself some Reactin which I took yesterday, and the results were amazing. I haven't taken one yet today (because my eyes weren't bothering me), but now I find they are, so I might just have to take one.

Still haven't been to the gym. Yesterday marked two weeks without exercise. Luckily, I seem to still be keeping off the weight because those pants I bought at JC last week are now, a little bit too big on me. Whether it's just them being worn in, or more weight being shed, I'm unsure, but not complaining in the least. I have the night off, I might see if someone wants to catch a movie, if not, I'll probably hit the gym. It will feel good to run.

Other than that I've still been working like crazy. It's kind of bittersweet, all this working. By bittersweet I mean it sucks because I have to work, but it gives me money. Not that it matters, I haven't managed to save any money all summer which has me totally bummed out. Mom mentioned the other night that I must have a huge bank account what with all the work I have been doing. But honestly, between gas, internet/cell phone (phone cards, I did end up cancelling the phone with Aliant), and my going out downtown with Kat (where honestly, I don't spend THAT much money), and my shopping (let's be serious, when was the last time I've shopped and ENJOYED it? Anyone who knows me knows I usually hate it because I can never FIND anything)...So do I feel guilty I haven't saved any money? Yes. But, when school starts, I'm putting away half of every paycheck. And I mean it.

I have to buy books. My Math book I can't get used, my Neuroscience book I can (but they're all hilited, so I might just pay full price for it), Chemistry book I already have, but it's a newer version, so I might cough up the $120 for it (it comes with a fancy computer book thingy, so who knows, I'll talk to my prof on the first day I guess), and I bought my Animal Diversity book today (I bought it used, in PERFECT condition, NO hiliting, for $71.20 as opposed to $94 something plus tax).

And, Meghan says she'll go to a movie with me, so that brings me to the end of this post! Ciao!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Jody said…

    I always knew uni books were expensive, but crikey, not THAT f**king expensive! How despressing. Publishers, shops, the school, government, whatever shouldn't be allowed to do that. Fuck.

     
  • At 12:26 AM, Blogger Fern Wimpley said…

    I know, it's terribly expensive. Esp because the books get resold half the time anyways, but for people like me, who like to do their own hiliting, used books are really annoying.

    But I suppose it just goes to show, beggars can't be chosers.

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger Tawny said…

    Reactin is my best friend :). But make sure you don't take it more than the prescribed 24hours per. It would suck if you built up an immunity to it!

    (And as for the books - the sciences are ALWAYS more expensive it seems, so you're destined to get nailed!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home