Saturday, September 24, 2005

Okay, so when does the good stuff come?

They say third times a charm, I hope that's not the case for me.
School has me really bummed out. I'm retaking General Chemistry 1011/1012. I passed 1011 with a D, failed 1012. I need to take General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry to major in Biology. So I thought, if I have to take 1012 over, I might as well take 1011 again, because I clearly don't understand anything in either. Obviously I was right. I worked hard on my first quiz which we were allowed to take home as an assignment. I was proud of myself and thought I'd be getting a decent mark. I got 30/44, which is a 68% or a C+. Not a fail, but for a student retaking the course, it kind of sucks. Seeing as how I thought I knew the material even. A lot of what I got wrong was basic stupid mistakes, but an equal amount was just plain me doing the work wrong. I went and received tutoring on Thursday, and I'm going to start going 2 days a week, I'm just not all that sure it will help. Anyways. Then I wrote the second quiz on Wednesday (the day before I went to tutoring). I thought I did reasonanbly well on the material we were being quizzed on then. There were some things I absolutely couldn't answer, but that's because they were short answer things that I didn't have memorized. WRONG. Yeah, I failed that. I got 10.5/25. A big, fat, ugly F. I just, I'm getting so fed up. I don't know if the stress is worth it, and I'm thinking, well maybe I should change my major/minor, and even that makes me more upset because I'm a THIRD YEAR STUDENT. Aren't I suppose to have all this figured out? I mean, the main reason why I don't want to be a doctor or go into psychology is because I don't want to be in school that long, but if I can't get a simple Chemistry course, and I keep changing my degree or whatever, I'll end up taking that long anyways! It's just so frustrating.
Stats is going okay, I got an A+ on my first lab. It's making me think that maybe I should be a math major, but then where I am planning on teaching, they'll make me teach math, and that should just not happen.
I'm just so fed up, and so frustrated. Luckily, I'm determined to leave there with a degree. It's the only thing keeping me sane right now.
Time Escapes Me
What with all the worrying about school, and working, I haven't the time to go to the gym, and it really sucks. So to kind of counterbalance it, I've been trying to eat extra well lately. It's a beautiful day, sunny and clear. But it's also nice and crisp. I might throw on my workout gear and head out for a run. However I think I'm getting sick (stuffed up nose), no doubt the cause of my school stress, it happens every year. So that might make it a little bit difficult. It's been a long time since I went running, what with my leg and all.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Tawny said…

    Like we talked about earlier - and like I said - university has to be hard otherwise idiots would be earning law and medical degrees.

    Your degree is going to be worth so much more to you because you struggled and because you persevered.

    And once you have it, you'll always have it and while that might not mean much, it means SOMETHING.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home