Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Somethings are just bittersweet.

I got my stats midterm back. I had been waiting a week for it, and after having dreams on two nights over the weekend about what I got on it, I had become quite anxious by the time class began today. When I got my test back, I saw the 44.5/50, and I thought, WICKED. Then I did the calculations. 89%. That is an A. One may fail to see how that is a bad thing, and where I am happy with the mark I got, I'm dissapointed at the same time.
Let me explain.
Had I gotten 45/50, that would have been a 90%, giving me an A+. Therefore, my beef is that 0.5 point made the difference between an A and an A+. I realize that either mark is wonderful, and I'm not trying to say that my mark is anything less than that. Just that it would have been better if I was more than 1/2 a mark away from the highest letter grade you can achieve.

Today is another beautiful day. It's not 19 degrees by any means, but the sun is out and there is a nice crisp in the air that would make a walk back to the lake very enjoyable. However, this too is bittersweet, as I have no one to walk back there with, and I'm not about to go alone.
Ah well.

Other than that, nothing overly exciting is going on in my life, big surprise eh?

2 Comments:

  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Tawny said…

    Congrats on the A!!

    Hoorah!

    Maybe I'll bring you some cosmos in December and we can celebrate your school successes ;).

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Fern Wimpley said…

    thanks!
    hah okay, even though I still have the two from the summer!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home