Monday, February 13, 2006

A little bit leaves you wanting more.

I just woke up from a quick nap, and it left me wanting to give into the sweet sweet sleep of the night. However, there is studying to be done. And formula sheets to be made. For there is a Stats midterm tomorrow for me to get an A on. I can see it happening.

The Pee Thing
I spent all afternoon collecting samples of my pee and determining the specific gravity of it. The bottles were huge, however, we were supplied with a cup to transfer. Despite the disgusting task, it was a fun lab with jokes such as "pee parade" everytime we went to the bathroom to collect another sample. Other people in the bathrooms found it funny too instead of disgusting. AND the formal report isn't due until March 6th, so I have three whole weeks to do it. Pretty good seeing as how my Presentation is due the Monday after break. NOTE TO SELF: Get that done before Friday.

4 Sleeps.
And I will be making my way up to Toronto. To say I'm excited is a tad understated. I'm really looking forward to just relaxing and being lazy. And I've never been up there at this time of year so it's bound to be an adventure.

The transit system may suck, but i enjoy it more than I think.
When I started University three years ago, I hated the fact that I had to take the metro transit into school. The 80 takes 40 minutes from the terminal in Sackville, making my travel time about an hour from the time I leave my house when it's only 20-25 minutes in a car. I especially hated those mornings where I had to get up and leave with Dad as he left for the day to go into Dal. On those mornings I had to be up and ready to leave at 630. Putting me at school for about 720 (early bus), nearly 1.5 hours early for my first class (to make use of the time, I went to the gym those mornings before class). Last year I looked for every excuse NOT to take the bus, and the ride home at 9:00pm on Wednesday nights after lab were the worst. But this year, even with a 9:00am class requiring I leave the house by 745, and a lab until 5, I have grown to appreciate the bus. Yes, the system still sucks, but I can enjoy the perks that I had always taken advantage of. For those 40 minutes I'm sitting on the bus, I don't have to do anything. I can rest my head on the window and doze, I can listen to music, I can read (be it a school text or a book for my own enjoyment), or I can just stare out the window and do absolutely nothing. For those 40 minutes, I don't have to worry about anything and its more relaxing than I like to admit. Not to mention, the bus is more environment friendly. I used to get excited when I missed my bus and had to drive into school. However, now on days like today when I'm running late, I'm frantically hurrying to make it on time. I would rather take the bus than drive all the way into school. Maybe I'm just crazy, but my whole schedule is off if I miss my bus. It makes the day weird. I look forward to my 80 minutes of daily nothingness.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Jody said…

    Note to Stacy: u are crazy... but we still love ya.

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Tawny said…

    Just wait until you start knitting, you won't be able to pull your knitting out fast enough once you find a seat on the bus!! :).

    And now it's only 3 sleeps!! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home