Monday, September 04, 2006

God, we're adorable!

Thursday night after Krystyna and me dropped Cameron off, I went to drive her home. As we pulled onto Glendale behind an ambulance I started talking about how my First Aid training a few weeks ago peaked my interest in taking the Paramedic course, my only hesitations are it's something like $10,000 and the HARDEST medic program in the country. As we approached the Cobequid intersection, I assumed the ambulance would go straight in the middle lane to the new emergency centre, so I went into the right lane to get ahead of it. However, it went last minute into the left turning lane. With a whole lane empty between us, Krystyna looks over, and says "Hey...you're a cute paramedic." With windows rolled up, the driver must have read her lips cause he started beaming from ear to ear, which only increased when I looked over, smiled and gave a flirty little wave. We continued this smile conversation as the medic in the passenger seat sank down into his seat, me between looks at the light. How embarassing it would have been had the light turn green and me not notice.

Or, an even scarier thought as Krystyna was fearing--what if I stalled?

But naturally I didn't. Cause I'm a super good standard driver. We honestly are too adorable. This is why we love us :).

New Look for my Blog?

Well, not really. I did however, with the help of Meg, add some excitement to my sidebars. I will try to keep it up to date, so if you ever want to know what I'm reading/watching/listening to, take a look on there.

However, I have developed a slight obsession with Prison Break, specifically with Wentworth Miller, so that won't be changing anytime soon.

Work, work, work!

I've been working like crazy! This week I'm at the theatre EVERY day. All seven days. But, on Thursday night I get to work in Bedford which is very exciting. Derek wants to get me comfortable with that theatre as well because all their relief managers are also in school. Go me!

Admist all this working I am hoping to find time to attend some movies at the Atlantic Film Festival with Dawn and my friend Shari from work who happened to win tickets to whatever movies she wants for her and a guest. She told me to pick out a few and she'd be happy to take me.

School Info

While I was taking Statistics last year I mentioned to my lab instructor that I had interest in being a Teacher Assistant the following year. A position that is paid for by the University, I thought it would be a great way to gain experience, a wonderful asset to my resume, and fun because I'm a big geek who loves Stats. Actually I just think I love anything I'm overly excellent at without really trying, who doesn't??

I digress.

I didn't apply over the summer, and last week my instructor actually emailed me. She remembered my enthusiasm to help out and is looking for a student on Tuesdays from 1-330. I emailed her and told her that I wasn't going back until at least January. However, if I don't have to be a registered student I would love to do it. But if I do, to keep me in mind for any openings in the winter she might have. She responded telling me officially I do have to be a registered student, but where I'm returning in January she might be able to make an exception. In the meantime, she did have to look for a registered student to take the position. She also asked if I really wanted to come in one day a week.

I discussed this with Mom, Jods, and Krystyna, and we've all agreed that this would be good for me. It would keep one foot in the door, keep me at the school and thinking about school. I will tell her this and explain that I understand her need to find another student, but if she cannot and they can't take a nonregistered student, I'd be more than happy to volunteer for the position.

I think it's the wisest thing for me to do in my case :).

13 Comments:

  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yay me. God I rock. lol....

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Fern Wimpley said…

    Yay! Yes you do! Thanks! :)

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Tawny said…

    Smart decision on the stats thing - especially offering to volunteer - it shows your enthusiasm and determination. Plus you're right, stats IS fun - when I took the course I went so far as to ask my prof about being a statistician. He quickly discouraged me - not a lot of work apparently :).

    Also - your sidebar is all the way at the bottom of the screen (beneath your posts) - at least on my screen. I think it's because a couple of the photos on your sidebar are too wide, which is bumping it down.

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Fern Wimpley said…

    Tawn--If I use Internet Explorer it's like that for me to. But if I use Firefox then it's fine :S.

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Jody said…

    I really enjoyed this post - it was funny, lengthy and had good mix of topic - just what we need to keep those of us who do not see you regularly up to date! :)

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Jody said…

    PS - how are you enjoying Whiteout?

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Valentina said…

    I agree with Tawny on the stats decision! Vry smart. I hope you'll be able to start working / volunteering soon! By the way, Jody mentioned you might come to visit next spring!!! I CANNOT WAIT! It would be SO much fun! :)

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Thegirl said…

    Things sound great, you paramedic flirt. The volunteer thing is always good on a resume/application. Yeah, you!

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Thegirl said…

    BTW

    HOT pic of our boy Wentworth...I might have to fight you for him- your wrestling background be damned!!!

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Jody said…

    Sorry girls, he's mine.

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Thegirl said…

    Hey, Stace! You're sidebar is fixed!

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Fern Wimpley said…

    Hey Dawn!
    I know!
    Meghan is awesome!

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    thats right I am awesome!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home