Sunday, December 10, 2006

"O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree"

Tonight after watching the finale of The Amazing Race (which was AWESOME, btw), Mom and I decorated the Christmas Tree. It was a little strange because last year Jods was home with us and I'm adjusting to Mom and I decorating alone, but we enjoyed ourselves. I think we're both satisfied with the final product, and I know one member of the family who is thrilled to have the new edition to the living room...


Daisy couldn't even wait until it was decorated before she buried herself in the legs of the tree stand. Last year she refrained from climbing it, and we're hoping she behaves herself again. She is getting older after all.


To get Polar to sit in front of the tree for a picture, I had to bribe him with a candy cane. Yes, a candy cane. Aunt Marg has him on a hard candy kick, especially those of the pepermint flavor. Even still, I couldn't capture his attention long enough to get him to look at the camera.


Miss Daisy, always looking for a box to crawl into takes advantage of our decorating challenge, jumping into the first available box. Looks like I'm not the only one who enjoys Christmas :).

Tomorrow, it's my day to sell Empire Cards at MicMac Mall all day, something I'm half looking forward to. It will be a long day, open to close, and I'm coming down with a nasty cold. However I'm sure it will be good to get into the holiday spirit even more.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger Jody said…

    What a great post, even though its made me miss you even more!

    Have fun selling cards at Mic Mac tomorrow :)

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Valentina said…

    I love your tree!!!

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Thegirl said…

    Love the pics- laughed out loud when reading about Polar's unfortunate addiction.

    FEEL BETTER! (No Norwalk!)

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I love it when those damn cats get in boxes that are just too small for them..and then the box collapses with them inside..and they just don't care cause what the hell, they're in a freakin' box!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home