Saturday, November 25, 2006

I feel it in my fingers.


I love the anticipation of Christmas. The way so many stores and malls get decorated. I love seeing the expression of happiness wash over children's faces as they see Santa in a mall. I love baking and decorating cookies. I love decorating the tree, watching TV with my only lights being those on the tree and Daisy curled up beneath it. I love when Dad puts up the house lights and my frantic race to get in bed by 1130 every night, knowing they'll automatically shut off at 12. I love to fall asleep with the soft glow of the the lights filling my room. I love Christmas eve and watching movies like Elf, Home Alone, It's a Wonderful Life. I love Christmas morning and the excitment of opening presents. The quiet calm that settles over the house afterwards as everyone naps. I love mass at Christmas. Two words: EGG NOG.

But for everything I love, I hate...
Shopping. Specifically for people I have no idea what to buy. So if you have the slightest thought I might buy you something, do me a favor. Let me know what you'd like. Give me ideas.
Crowded malls. Especially when the kids are not so happy, and they're screaming bloody murder instead.
Oh, wait. Did I mention I hated Christmas shopping??

2 Comments:

  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Jody said…

    I feel it in my toes...

    Hey one perk I suppose of not being in the dungeon - you don't get the lovely glow of xmas lights :)

    Wrapped your gift tonight - its going in the mail this week.

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Thegirl said…

    I am SO in agreement with everything you wrote! I love "feeling it in my fingers." What a perfect way to describe it!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home