Monday, November 27, 2006

Tagged a la Dawn

CHRISTMAS TAG

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? They're always wrapped. Who doesn't have wrapped presents?
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights for the house, coloured for the tree. I think the tree should be white too.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Anywhere from the first weekend to the second weekend.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? TURKEY
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: When John and I would sneak out to look at the presents under the tree, and then go downstairs. We'd pull the arm chair right up close to the TV and sit in it together and watch A Christmas Story. Then we'd open stockings in his room and fall asleep until it was time to open the rest.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? One year my friend Tara told me that there was no Santa Clause. I thought she was just stupid, but one day when colouring with Tawny I asked her if she believed in Santa. She assured me she did and I figured if she did, then he must be real. Then when I got older I started recognizing Mom's writing on the tags and I figured it out.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We used to. But now I like to wait.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Dad does lights, Mom does beads, and then Mom and I do the rest.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE it. Can't WAIT for it. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas for sure!
12. Can you ice skate? Not well. Although I do better on a frozen lake then an arena.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Let me think...Nope.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Seeing people I don't normally see. And Christmas Mass :)
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Mexican Wedding Cakes. Why those are Christmas, I dunno. And I make them myself. I suck! lol.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Getting up at 7am every year to open presents. It just HAS to be 7am. Because it has been for as long as I can remember. Plus if you wait longer, it's light out and that's not fun. Oh, and on Christmas Eve we leave the house lights on all night, so I get to sleep with them the whole night :)
17. What tops your tree? An angel. And every year when Dad puts it up, he tells me the story about where Santa told the Angel to stick the tree :)
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I'm no fool. I love receiving. I love giving when I am excited about the present because I know they'll love it. I hate buying presents with a PASSION though (see previous post).
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Aye, Aye, Aye, It's Christmas!!! I'm half kidding.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? YUM!!!
21. Favorite Christmas movie? Home Alone, Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, It's a Wonderful Life, Elf.
22. What do you leave for Santa? We used to leave cookies and milk. And carrots for the reindeer. Now, nothing lol.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Thegirl said…

    that's funny about your Dad's angel joke!

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Jody said…

    Ditto to Dawn - I think I'll have to start that tradition here with the boys, lol :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home