Friday, March 23, 2007

Speaking for those who can't.

I'm home from Kristin's. The week was much, much to short. I would say I enjoyed myself more this time than any other time. I wish I was still there. It's going to be hard to get used to being back home, as it always is after I enjoy my little bit of adult life. I'm sitting here unpacking, trying to clean up my room. I'm getting very discouraged as I have a lot of clutter that really, isn't a lot. It just seems like a lot because it's all stuffed in one area. It's be so nice to have my own place.

Anyways.

Today is Friday, March 23rd. Not only is it Daisy's birthday (she turned 5, yay!) but it's the release of Sharkwater across North America. Many of you have probably heard me talk about Sharkwater, and I do so with much gusto. About a year ago I was watching TV and I saw a little documentary about sharkfinning and it horrified me. When it came time to pick movies to see at the Atlantic Film Festival, I decided on Sharkwater. I wasn't sure about it as it was a documentary and I'm not usually partial to them. However, I'm glad I went. Not only did it open my eyes to the terrors of humans, I was also made aware of many other facts that I did not previously know about. Such as, did you know sharks were around before dinosaurs? That they're the only species who've never evolved, simply because they don't have to? Or that over 100 million sharks are slaughtered annually? How about that 200, 000 tons of shark are dumped back into the oceans every year after being butchered? It's disgusting and you won't understand the full effect of this horrible act until you see the movie, which I encourage you all to do. If you live in the area, I'll take you and it will be free.

Or at least visit the links I have posted on my sidebar :).

3 Comments:

  • At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It'd probably just make me cry.

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Thegirl said…

    dolphin's and shark's are sworn enemies. You should throw out all your dolphin things.

    -Seriously, though. Upsetting and terrible.

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Valentina said…

    I'll download it tonight! It sounds like a great, thought-provoking documentary and yeah... I will probably shed a few tears as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home