Friday, January 19, 2007

I'm an insult to the stereotypical university student

So I was sitting here tonight, fairly bored. I had updated my sidebar and was debating going to bed at 9:00 on a Friday night when I thought, well I could blog couldn't I? I'd be meaning to for quite some time, not that I have much to report. I was going to hang out with Krystyna tonight, but she went to work; and I had tentative plans with Kathryn but I guess she thought I was going to contact her earlier in the day and made plans to go to a party (to which she invited me, but it's a girl in her program - PR - throwing it and I wouldn't know anyone. Not to mention I have to work tomorrow). So here I am.

School is going surprisingly well. I got a 100% on my first math quiz, which isn't really saying much because it was on material we did in high school. Nonetheless, aside from the professor being totally out to lunch, I think it will be alright.

The information technology course is ridiculous. Honestly, I'm expecting an A+ in that course. If I get anything less than an A I don't deserve to own a computer. I'm sure it will get harder but the first lab we had due involved: minimizing/maximizing a window, switching programs, pointing to an icon on the desktop, creating a shortcut on the desktop, searching for things using a search engine, etc. It feels so good to drop $500 just to reinforce things I already know, haha. I'm so kidding.

My history and psychology course are both completely facsinating. I find myself sitting there totally wrapped up in what the professors are saying that I'll look at my notepad and see I haven't written anything for quite some time (which is fine because everything we discuss is psychology is from the text book). I have to write a paper in psych about a behaviour that I do that impacts my daily life. I've chosen my sleeping habits (you know, how I never go to bed before 12) and I've begun writing down a record of when I go to bed and wake up so I can include graphs and statistics in my paper.

I'm hoping for great marks this semester. I don't know if I'm setting myself up to be let down or if I'm giving myself that added incentive to work my ass off. Either way I won't know until the end of the semester (and I'm hoping I have something to celebrate to go away). Don't worry, I'll keep you guys updated :).

2 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Thegirl said…

    I love your sleeping habits project. Again- great idea!

     
  • At 4:44 AM, Blogger Valentina said…

    It's great to hear that uni life is going wonderfully! I too love the subject you chose for your psych class!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home