Wednesday, January 24, 2007

There's a reason why I never believe in horoscopes.

Monday while I was on my bus ride home I was flipping through an abandoned newspaper. There wasn't much it in that was of any interest to me, but for some reason I read my horoscope. I never read horoscopes as I'm not in the least bit astrological and I don't believe in them. They never come true--at least not for me.

Anyways, Monday's horoscope informed me that I would be surprised by a sudden rush of wealth, either in the next week or within the month.
Well. How ironic is it that yesterday morning I got a call from student loans who required more information to assess my loan and once I gave it to them said my loan would be assessed that day. You're wondering where the irony is right? Today I called. They aren't giving me any money. What? Yeah.

THEY. ARE. NOT. GIVING. ME. ANY. MONEY.

At first I freaked out. I wanted to cry, I wanted to scream. I wanted to curse the Student Loan Department to the the blackest depths of hell to anyone who'd listen to me. But I didn't want to get kicked off the bus (yes, I was on the bus, AGAIN). I sat on the bus thinking about what I was suppose to do now. I'd have to drop out of school. I'd lose all the money I spent on books because I can't return them now. To think, things were going so well. Bollocks.

However, I pulled up my socks and I've come up with these solutions:
I went to my bank and I have an appointment with them on Friday morning for a Student Line of Credit.
If that doesn't work, I have some money saved up, and I can charge the rest on my credit card.

They aren't ideal solutions, but hopefully they'll help me. I swear to god, I must want school bad to deal with the stress I've been through the past three years.

The End.

PS. This doesn't help my financial situation seeing as how I was trying to save for a trip to England in May, which I'm so desperately going to need after the next 4 months, but now am EXTREMELY unlikely to get. Bollocks.

PPS. I said Bollocks twice. You're not imagining it, and no...I do not know why.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Thegirl said…

    crappy bastards. hugs from here.

     
  • At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so sorry, Stacey. But, please, don't get discouraged, you will find a way. School is extremely important and you shouldn't have to drop out. A big hug from Italy as well.

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Jody said…

    Those bloddy bastards. I'm sure you will get it sorted, you've come too far to give up now. England will always be here, school has to come first! Believe it or not, one day this will all be behind you and with a good education money shouldn't ever have to be your worry when it comes to travelling. I love you kid.

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yup... school first, vacationing.. like.. third or something. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home